Instant Results for Immediate Issues: Veterinary Lab Testing
Statesboro Bulloch Regional Veterinary Hospital offers a full, in-house laboratory, allowing our staff to process blood, tissue, urine, and fecal samples on site and on demand. This technology allows our veterinarians to better understand your pet’s health from the inside out and to develop treatments for immediate concerns before the problem escalates.
Laboratory testing is an integral part of veterinary diagnostics, as it provides our vets with vital diagnostic information, as well as the ability to perform pre-anesthesia blood paneling determine whether your pet is healthy enough to undergo anesthesia and surgery.
While diagnostic laboratory testing can be used in a variety of circumstances, the most common tests performed by the veterinary staff at Statesboro Bulloch Regional Veterinary Hospital include:
- Blood chemistry panel, used for pre-anesthesia analysis and to obtain a baseline for your pet’s overall health
- Complete blood count for the diagnosis of anemia, infections, and leukemia
- Blood parasite testing (heartworm, Lyme disease, ehrlichia, anaplasmosis)
- Fecal testing to determine the presence of internal bleeding, pancreatic disorders, and internal parasites
- Skin scraping and fungal cultures to diagnose dermatological issues and fungal infections
- Fine-needle aspirates to evaluate the fluid or cells found in any suspicious looking bumps, lumps, or masses
- Thyroid function testing
- Tests for feline immunodeficiency diseases
At Statesboro Bulloch Regional Veterinary Hospital, our entire veterinary staff is trained on the use of our lab equipment. This means we can obtain the information we need to treat your beloved pet during regular business hours.